Many of the tutorial instructions are not complete

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Many of the tutorial instructions are not complete

Post by hejohoo on Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:14 pm

I really appricaite the tutorial and all, but I have found it needs to be updated since following it directly will not install many things correctly, for example you have to adjust the zip folder many times or things will be installed in the wrong places and not be activated at all. If you have followed the tutorial you can see this by going to your Oblivion folder and then into Data, if you have installed things incorrectly from the tutorial you will have another Data folder inside the Data folder.

hejohoo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Many of the tutorial instructions are not complete

Post by PredCaliber on Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:13 pm

Thank you for your input. It seems that a lot of stuff has changed since I did create the tutorial. I will make an updated version in Jan 2016 Smile
PredCaliber
Admin

View user profile http://www.predcaliber.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hejohoo on Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:25 pm

PredCaliber wrote:Thank you for your input.   It seems that a lot of stuff has changed since I did create the tutorial. I will make an updated version in Jan 2016 Smile

Sounds good! Smile I did notice that for the mods that become installed in the wrong directory, you have to do the "import" thing instead of the "load" thing in the manager for them. For example the first one is the Stutter Remover, if you load it as normally it will install in the wrong directory (create a new data folder inside the data folder). But if you import it it will install it in the right place when you then active it after. Perhaps it even even better to import all mods and not touch load but I am not totally 100% of this yet.

hejohoo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PredCaliber on Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:36 pm

Yes, you are definitely correct. Smile To be honest I did not knew that some mods were packed wrong. Mad Really a bit lax from the modders. :/ I know Mod Organizer can detect wrong installation folders, but NMM and OBMM can not. Perhaps importing all mods might be a good idea! Smile
PredCaliber
Admin

View user profile http://www.predcaliber.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top