Fallout 3 Ultimate graphics tutorial video (July 2015)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fallout 3 Ultimate graphics tutorial video (July 2015)

Post by PredCaliber on Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:21 pm

Fallout 3 is one of the best games ever made, and also one of the most played games of all times.
Since Fallout4 has been announced, step back into Fallout 3 as you never saw it before with this Fallout 3 ultimate graphics tutorial!


With this tutorial your Fallout 3 will never look the same again! (see the end result on the end of the video to get an impression)
We will highly improve: Textures, NPC's, Weather, Lightning, and will add a great ENB!

Video tutorial:

avatar
PredCaliber
Admin

Posts : 125
Join date : 2015-07-07
Age : 31
Location : Netherlands

View user profile http://www.predcaliber.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 3 Ultimate graphics tutorial video (July 2015)

Post by BaHaMuT on Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:59 am

I have some suggestions for this tutorial.

1) The Oblivion Stutter Remover, has a configuration that works better than the original configs

Master Section

Code:

Master = {
        _comment = You can turn on or off each distinct feature from here.
        bManageFPS = 1
        bHookGetTickCount = 1
        bHookCriticalSections = 1
        bHookLightCriticalSections = 1
        bHookHashtables = 1
        bReplaceHeap = 0    <-- Needed for heap replacement, only for advanced users, detailed info in the readme
   bReplaceGetTickCount = 1
        bLogToConsole = 0
        bFastExit = 1
        bFlushLog = 1
        iSchedulingResolution = 1
        bReplaceRandom = 1
        bExperimentalStuff = 0   
        iMainHookPoint = 1
}


Fps management section

Code:

FPS_Management = {
   bInject_iFPSClamp = 1
   fMaximumFPS = 60    <-- Default is 30, but should bet set to monitor refresh rate or either 1/2 or 1/3 refresh rate
   fMinimumFPS = 20
   iFPS_Report_Period = 4000
   fExtraSleepPercent =0.05
}

For some reason the heap replacement section is not advised to be touched in Fallout 3 (In FNV it is advised to be fully replaced)

The Oblivion Stutter remover is also compatible with the following core mods:

New Vegas Anti-crash (NVAC)

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/53635

Windows Live Disabler (this is a MUST since FOSE doesn't destroy it completely)

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/1086/?


2) Aside from lightning mods, which come handy it is also good to add weather mods since the weather in Fallout is absolutely unrealistic.

This is a good base:

Enhanced Weather
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/6170/?

Choosing only "weather sounds in interiors" and deactiviting the Enhanced Weather - REBOOT.esp and Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow in Fallout.esp

Xepha's weather lightning mod

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/10607/?

This is beast and can't be left out. Xepha's weather lightning mod is also modular and I advise the following modules to keep the game as "realisticly intended" as possible.

"Dynamic Weather - Green Tint Remover"
"Dynamic Weather - Weather Machine" (Quest Added module, you have to look for the weather machine!)
"Dynamic Weather - Sandstorms"


3) ENB is also something you should consider about. Midhrastic ENB is the first one I tested but it had some issues with lightning, it added a yellowish/orangish tint to pretty much all great sources of light and had some compatibility issues with Fallout Street Lights.



There are some ENBs I recommend you to test.

1) ENB of Apocalypse

This ENB is my second favourite ENB, it also works in combination with SweetFX. This ENB adds the game the truly DEAD atmosphere it deserves, playing with this ENB makes the game looking depressingly apocaliptic, it's totally immersive and according to the plot.

2) Project Reality

This ENB is my third favourite. It works along with project reality (if you have it). It had an issue with making weapons transparent but it is fixed by adding the last ENB dll. This ENB is truly great.


3) E-ENB

Ewi's ENB, this mod is for me truly the best, it is fully compatible with all weather mods and enhances lightning and shadowing to another level, it comes along with an optional sunsprite if you wish. It's even better than Project Reality's ENB.

I prefered this over the ENB of Apocalypse because of a simple thing, explosions ! The dead and ultrarealistic environments that ENB of Apocalypse provides also affects explosions which are more particulated than usual (EVE's enhances this particulated effect too). E-ENB on the contrary makes explosions brighter and more realistic, aside from using the best of ENB on the game, which looks awesome, realistic and as intended.

Unfortunately, Ewi was banned from nexus and his posts got deleted (he was discovered to use textures that belonged to someone else)

I think that Culveyhouse and me are the only ones who have working copies of this wonderful ENB. (took me one full week looking everywhere for it -.-)

If you want to test this ENB I can give you a copy, so don't hesitate to tell me whenever you want to give it a try.

4) There's a site where you can find a very good and comprehensive list of mods to pick from:
http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Kelmych/Fallout3

Take it a look when you have time. Kelmych has done a great job.


5) From that site I also created my own guidelines. Kelmych guides and all STEP Project guides in general are known to excessively modify the game but are an excellent source of information. So I created my own steps to keep the game as "as originally intended" as possible and I'm going to share it with you.

Mod installation summary By BaHaMuT wrote:
http://ephsilon.net/forumimages/f3ms.docx

An important thing to say is that some mods need repacking to work with NMM. If you have a doubt on how to do it properly, feel free to ask me.





avatar
BaHaMuT

Posts : 24
Join date : 2015-07-08
Age : 31
Location : Stgo. Chile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 3 Ultimate graphics tutorial video (July 2015)

Post by diknmuis on Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:18 pm

my games freezes for 2 sec and then everthing but the sky turns black, any ideas?
just after exiting the vault I had a crash and know the black thing
I modded it like in the tutorial vid
avatar
diknmuis

Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-07-23
Age : 37
Location : STADEN/Belgium

View user profile http://playstationclan.be

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 3 Ultimate graphics tutorial video (July 2015)

Post by PredCaliber on Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:48 pm

BaHaMuT wrote:I have some suggestions for this tutorial.

1) The Oblivion Stutter Remover, has a configuration that works better than the original configs

Master Section

Code:

Master = {
        _comment = You can turn on or off each distinct feature from here.
        bManageFPS = 1
        bHookGetTickCount = 1
        bHookCriticalSections = 1
        bHookLightCriticalSections = 1
        bHookHashtables = 1
        bReplaceHeap = 0     <-- Needed for heap replacement, only for advanced users, detailed info in the readme
   bReplaceGetTickCount = 1
        bLogToConsole = 0
        bFastExit = 1
        bFlushLog = 1
        iSchedulingResolution = 1
        bReplaceRandom = 1
        bExperimentalStuff = 0    
        iMainHookPoint = 1
}


Fps management section

Code:

FPS_Management = {
   bInject_iFPSClamp = 1
   fMaximumFPS = 60     <-- Default is 30, but should bet set to monitor refresh rate or either 1/2 or 1/3 refresh rate
   fMinimumFPS = 20
   iFPS_Report_Period = 4000
   fExtraSleepPercent =0.05
}

For some reason the heap replacement section is not advised to be touched in Fallout 3 (In FNV it is advised to be fully replaced)

The Oblivion Stutter remover is also compatible with the following core mods:

New Vegas Anti-crash (NVAC)

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/53635

Windows Live Disabler (this is a MUST since FOSE doesn't destroy it completely)

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/1086/?


2) Aside from lightning mods, which come handy it is also good to add weather mods since the weather in Fallout is absolutely unrealistic.

This is a good base:

Enhanced Weather
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/6170/?

Choosing only "weather sounds in interiors" and deactiviting the  Enhanced Weather - REBOOT.esp and Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow in Fallout.esp

Xepha's weather lightning mod

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/10607/?

This is beast and can't be left out. Xepha's weather lightning mod is also modular and I advise the following modules to keep the game as "realisticly intended" as possible.

"Dynamic Weather - Green Tint Remover"
"Dynamic Weather - Weather Machine" (Quest Added module, you have to look for the weather machine!)
"Dynamic Weather - Sandstorms"


3) ENB is also something you should consider about. Midhrastic ENB is the first one I tested but it had some issues with lightning, it added a yellowish/orangish tint to pretty much all great sources of light and had some compatibility issues with Fallout Street Lights.



There are some ENBs I recommend you to test.

1) ENB of Apocalypse

This ENB is my second favourite ENB, it also works in combination with SweetFX. This ENB adds the game the truly DEAD atmosphere it deserves, playing with this ENB makes the game looking depressingly apocaliptic, it's totally immersive and according to the plot.

2) Project Reality

This ENB is my third favourite. It works along with project reality (if you have it). It had an issue with making weapons transparent but it is fixed by adding the last ENB dll. This ENB is truly great.


3) E-ENB

Ewi's ENB, this mod is for me truly the best, it is fully compatible with all weather mods and enhances lightning and shadowing to another level, it comes along with an optional sunsprite if you wish. It's even better than Project Reality's ENB.

I prefered this over the ENB of Apocalypse because of a simple thing, explosions ! The dead and ultrarealistic environments that ENB of Apocalypse provides also affects explosions which are more particulated than usual (EVE's enhances this particulated effect too). E-ENB on the contrary makes explosions brighter and more realistic, aside from using the best of ENB on the game, which looks awesome, realistic and as intended.

Unfortunately, Ewi was banned from nexus and his posts got deleted (he was discovered to use textures that belonged to someone else)

I think that Culveyhouse and me are the only ones who have working copies of this wonderful ENB. (took me one full week looking everywhere for it -.-)

If you want to test this ENB I can give you a copy, so don't hesitate to tell me whenever you want to give it a try.

4) There's a site where you can find a very good and comprehensive list of mods to pick from:
http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Kelmych/Fallout3

Take it a look when you have time. Kelmych has done a great job.


5) From that site I also created my own guidelines. Kelmych guides and all STEP Project guides in general are known to excessively modify the game but are an excellent source of information. So I created my own steps to keep the game as "as originally intended" as possible and I'm going to share it with you.

Mod installation summary By BaHaMuT wrote:
http://ephsilon.net/forumimages/f3ms.docx

An important thing to say is that some mods need repacking to work with NMM. If you have a doubt on how to do it properly, feel free to ask me.







Wow thanks, what can I say Smile What a great post and explanation!
I got some new material now to focus on Wink I have saved your documentation also, thanks for that!

What a story btw @ that guy from E-ENB.
Why does it crash so much then? And did you adjust the ENB to get it working then? Surprised


diknmuis wrote:my games freezes for 2 sec and then everthing but the sky turns black, any ideas?
just after exiting the vault I had a crash and know the black thing
I modded it like in the tutorial vid

I had the same problem, what I did to fix it:

4) Stop multicore crashes by editing with notepad: (THIS SOLVES MOST CRASHES!)
My Documents\my games\Fallout3\FALLOUT.INI
find (control F) bUseThreadedAI=0
CHANGE to bUseThreadedAI=1

Immediately after this line, ADD this new line:
iNumHWThreads=2
avatar
PredCaliber
Admin

Posts : 125
Join date : 2015-07-07
Age : 31
Location : Netherlands

View user profile http://www.predcaliber.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 3 Ultimate graphics tutorial video (July 2015)

Post by diknmuis on Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:36 pm

I had the same problem, what I did to fix it:

4) Stop multicore crashes by editing with notepad: (THIS SOLVES MOST CRASHES!)
My Documents\my games\Fallout3\FALLOUT.INI
find (control F) bUseThreadedAI=0
CHANGE to bUseThreadedAI=1
Immediately after this line, ADD this new line:
iNumHWThreads=2

PredCaliber
Admin

Posts: 43
Join date: 2015-07-07
Age: 29
Location: Netherlands

View user profile  http://www.predcaliber.com
I did that already, I think something goes wrong when loading the textures
It's not black at once, first the rocks then trees, ground..., the sky remains blue
avatar
diknmuis

Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-07-23
Age : 37
Location : STADEN/Belgium

View user profile http://playstationclan.be

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 3 Ultimate graphics tutorial video (July 2015)

Post by PredCaliber on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:19 am

Hmm oke, try LOOT to sort the load order. Mabey someting went wrong on accident with the load order.
avatar
PredCaliber
Admin

Posts : 125
Join date : 2015-07-07
Age : 31
Location : Netherlands

View user profile http://www.predcaliber.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 3 Ultimate graphics tutorial video (July 2015)

Post by diknmuis on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:03 am

it changed the load order indeed, worked for 1 min longer then I had the same
LOOT suggest me to clean some files with FO3Edit
avatar
diknmuis

Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-07-23
Age : 37
Location : STADEN/Belgium

View user profile http://playstationclan.be

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 3 Ultimate graphics tutorial video (July 2015)

Post by PredCaliber on Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:05 pm

And? Wink did you try that? The master files from Bethesta games are stable if you just play the games vanille, but when modding the master files are a pile of shit and sometimes it can be advised to clean them.
avatar
PredCaliber
Admin

Posts : 125
Join date : 2015-07-07
Age : 31
Location : Netherlands

View user profile http://www.predcaliber.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 3 Ultimate graphics tutorial video (July 2015)

Post by BaHaMuT on Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:36 am

PredCaliber wrote:
Wow thanks, what can I say Smile  What a great post and explanation!  
I got some new material now to focus on Wink   I have saved your documentation also, thanks for that!

What a story btw @ that guy from E-ENB.
Why does it crash so much then?   And did you adjust the ENB to get it working then? Surprised

Nah, the game doesn't crash so much after you patch it properly (no crashes so far for me) and the ENBs from the list do not require further adjustments except for a few updates.

Fallout 3, such a great game. Now I'm taking a pause of modding and playing them Very Happy Started playing FNV some days ago Very Happy
avatar
BaHaMuT

Posts : 24
Join date : 2015-07-08
Age : 31
Location : Stgo. Chile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 3 Ultimate graphics tutorial video (July 2015)

Post by smokeoloco on Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:26 pm

I am having the same issue as diknmuis. I have done everything that has been suggested in this forum. I even cleaned everything up with fo3edit, and made a merge pack. Do you know of anything else I could try?

smokeoloco

Posts : 5
Join date : 2015-08-08
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 3 Ultimate graphics tutorial video (July 2015)

Post by PredCaliber on Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:07 pm

Hmm what does LOOT say? I am not really good with Fallout 3 and FNV modding. The last solution would probably be to start over again and after every mod install try to see if it works for a couple of minutes.
avatar
PredCaliber
Admin

Posts : 125
Join date : 2015-07-07
Age : 31
Location : Netherlands

View user profile http://www.predcaliber.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 3 Ultimate graphics tutorial video (July 2015)

Post by smokeoloco on Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:30 pm

That is what I was afraid of haha. LOOT doesn't say anything. Ill shall attempt a reinstall, thank you

smokeoloco

Posts : 5
Join date : 2015-08-08
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 3 Ultimate graphics tutorial video (July 2015)

Post by smokeoloco on Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:01 pm

It says my available texture memory is 4032mb on the enb menu when I start it up. Could that be an issue?

smokeoloco

Posts : 5
Join date : 2015-08-08
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 3 Ultimate graphics tutorial video (July 2015)

Post by PredCaliber on Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:48 pm

That depends Wink  what are your specs?

From what I can remember from Skyrim, the formula for safe VRAM is:  Your RAM + Your VRAM - 4096
avatar
PredCaliber
Admin

Posts : 125
Join date : 2015-07-07
Age : 31
Location : Netherlands

View user profile http://www.predcaliber.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 3 Ultimate graphics tutorial video (July 2015)

Post by smokeoloco on Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:22 pm

Gpu: Geforce gtx 770
Cpu: Intelcore i5 3.00ghz
Ram: 15.86 (usable)

smokeoloco

Posts : 5
Join date : 2015-08-08
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 3 Ultimate graphics tutorial video (July 2015)

Post by smokeoloco on Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:57 pm

Went with a complete reinstall. Having the same issues, and I even tried it without an enb

smokeoloco

Posts : 5
Join date : 2015-08-08
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout 3 Ultimate graphics tutorial video (July 2015)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum